Re: Tech Writing Courses

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Courses
From: Danielle Beaton <x93qhf -at- JULIET -dot- STFX -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:50:57 -0300

Hi there,

I know the University of Waterloo has one that they conduct on-line twice
a year. From what I've heard it worked well. There is all sorts of
information on the Web about it...

Good Luck,
Danielle

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Sandra Theis wrote:

> Has anyone taught or taken a technical writing (or closely related)
> course that was instructed entirely through the Internet. I would be
> interested in hearing about your experiences.
> I will be teaching a technical writing course Spring Quarter 1997.
> There is no problem converting the course syllabus, lecture notes and
> assignment instructions so that both students who take the course in
> the classroom or on the Internet will have similar requirements.
> However, I am still considering the best way to duplicate the
> classroom atmosphere (questions, discussion, collaborative work) so
> that the course is more than just e-mailing messages and assignments.
> If any of you have used chat rooms, news groups, listservs, MUDs, MOOs
> etc. for educational purposes, please let me know. You may reply
> directly to me. Thanks

> Sandra S. Theis
> Columbus State Community College
> Columbus, OH

"A green isle in the sea love,
A fountain and a shrine,
All wreathed with fairy fruits and flowers,
And all the flowers were mine."
Edgar Allan Poe