Re[2]: TECHWR-L list management

Subject: Re[2]: TECHWR-L list management
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 11:41:34 MTN

<snip from Iain:>
If there really are 2500 subscribers here, how about
some of them saying why they read but don't actively
contribute?
--------------------
My answer:
Chances are that lots of tech writers contribute the
way I do: Answer queries privately so as not to add
to the list-clogging.

I think just about everything I've ever seen on this
list is right ON-TOPIC. We shouldn't be so picky
about that. That's not really the problem, as I see
it. What bugs me is multitudes of answers posted to
the list that should've gone to the writer of the
inquiry. I would hope that person would then post a
summary of responses, whether short or long, because
lots of us are interested in the answers but don't
have time to read ALL answers, especially since many
of them turn out to be frivolous. I'll wager we
wouldn't hear near as many complaints about
"off-topic" if the traffic weren't so heavy.

However, I also totally agree with everyone who has
noted that you're free to hit the delete key based
on the subject line!
Beth
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com