Webmaster - Job title???

Subject: Webmaster - Job title???
From: Edward Savitz <sg94cshj -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 23:22:06 -0400

The term "Webmaster" in the field of web authoring has become overused as
much as "genius", "hopefully" and "at this point in time."

I've just been offered a chance to be the "Webmaster" for a local
(Philadelphia metro area) college's website.

The scoop is that I wrote their pages, as a favor to an administrator I knew
back when. The pages include admissions, transfer, special activities
info., etc., and they've asked me to continue "tweaking" the pages to
make them continually more attractive to prospective registrants,
especially those in the corporate world taking enrichment courses.

I told them, I'll accept this mostly-honorary, slightly-monetary position
on the condition that my e-mail link is not "webmaster -at- abc -dot- edu" but
something more descriptive like "web-maintenance-guy -at- abc -dot- edu" or
"web-editor -at- abc -dot- edu -dot- "

They accepted my terms. BTW, it was web-editor and <abc> is not part of the
real host name.

Ed