Help me choose a publishing program.

Subject: Help me choose a publishing program.
From: Daveyrite -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 22:41:15 -0400

Greetings! I'm new to the technical writing world, and I need help in
choosing a good publishing program. I've heard names such as "Framemaker,"
"Pagemaker," and "Quark Express" batted around, but I'd like to be able to
make an informed decision before meeting with Santa Claus. I'm a junior in
college right now (James Madison University), so my financial flexibility is
limited. If I'm able to pose an informed argument to my father, the old man
may just pick up the tab! I'd like to get some input on what is the best
program being used in writing circles today and what will most likely be the
tool of choice for the next five years or so (when I'll be looking for a
job). Thanks for your help.

Davey Ahearn
English major (Technical Writing concentration)
Media Arts and Design (Print media) minor

*Need an intern for Christmas or summer? I'll go anywhere. I'll find a way!