Re: acceptable error rates

Subject: Re: acceptable error rates
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:31:14 EST

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Kathy Fisher <kdfisher -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM> wrote:

> True, we can't always be perfect. But we must at least strive to
> be, because in a competitive world, if we don't, the client will
> find someone who will.

As a famous communicator put it, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is
perfect." (Matt. 5:48)

It is possible to interpret this in many ways, of course. In light of other
passages, I think the point is to strive for perfection but know that one is
forgiven one's faults once one confesses them, asks for forgiveness, and
takes responsibility for whatever damage was done by the fault. My feeling
is that this works no matter what one's beliefs are, but then I have a good
boss at work and a terrific Boss overall.

(Side note to potential flamers: Take your best shot! See Matt. 5:11-12.)

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer, because BNA would probably rather burn down altogether
than quote from this Source)