Document Management Ideas

Subject: Document Management Ideas
From: "Christine Lienhart, x4560" <clienhart -at- UVSG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 09:16:00 CST

Greetings!

Our Tech Pubs department would like to implement some sort of document
management system. Right now, we have a "working" common drive, and a
"final" common drive. After trying to purge some old documentation
yesterday, I noticed a lot of duplication, and was soon confused as to
what was actually the final version of a document.

Does anyone have a system they particularly like? Or maybe just some
procedures they do, say, once a month, to keep their files lean and mean.
Of course, the simpler the better, and if we could implement some
procedure or system without purchasing an outside application, even
better.

This is my first plea to the list, so be gentle! ; )

Christine Lienhart
Tulsa, OK