Re: Document Management Ideas

Subject: Re: Document Management Ideas
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 16:19:38 -0800

I work with a bunch of programmers who use Source Safe for all their
files--specifically to prevent mutliple versions. My document files are
stored in SS too.

When a file is created and stored in SS, it can then be "checked out"
and "checked in" by users. The latest version is either in SS or with
the person who has it checked out. While it doesn't seem to be
foolproof, it does offer a good way to keep track--if people use it.
There are probably other programs out there you could look into.
Sella Rush, Tech Writer
Applied Technical Systems, Inc. (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington
Developers of the CCM Database