HTML Help files?

Subject: HTML Help files?
From: Joanne Eglash <jeglash -at- STARFISHSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:54:00 -0800

I have been informed by my project manager that my Winhelp system needs
to be revised in an HTML format "with links and graphics and cool stuff"
for a program that's due to launch in mid-January. I know there are many
converters out there (e.g. Robohelp), as well as tools in development
from Netscape and Microsoft.
What I'd like to know is: are any of you currently creating help files in
HTML? If so, what tools are you using, if any?
How are you capturing your graphics?
How are you dealing with the table of contents and index?
Does the user start his/her browser and then launch the help file from a
local server or from the company's server?

PLEASE e-mail jeglash -at- starfishsoftware -dot- com with your responses, and I'll
post a summary to this newsgroup. I'd also appreciate knowing of any
sites where I could view HTML versions of help files.

thank you!!!