Re: when a bad manual wins.. (#260448)

Subject: Re: when a bad manual wins.. (#260448)
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:38:37 MDT

Bob laments:

> I am in the middle of rewriting a numbing set of very bad manuals, and
> I feel like the bad manuals are winning. I feel like I have mono
> whenever I sit down to work on them. They have broken my spirit.

> What do you do to when I project gets you down?

Punt?

No, really, I typically sit and leave it for a couple of days. Once I've given
my system a chance to detoxify, I start a pot of really strong french roast, and
plow through the project until it's finished and I can get it the hell away from
me. Often, just the opportunity to refocus gives me what I need to shift my
approach and improve the work.

Bill Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.