computer-mediated communication - revisited

Subject: computer-mediated communication - revisited
From: Iamarika -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:48:33 -0500

Dear Technical Writers,

Last week I wrote --
>As a graduate student of technical and science communication, researching
>computer-mediated calibration, electronic communication, and interactive
>communication, it would be interesting in knowing if the corporate world has
>embraced the technology or is it still just theory?

Not surprisingly I received very few responses. From those that did respond
the same question was expressed - What is ?computer-mediated calibration??
Sorry about that mistake - it should have read computer-mediated
collaboration. However, for those that did figure it out I appreciate your
interest and will keep you informed of my findings. For those who are still
interested, but not familiar with computer-mediated communication - I
suggest that you visit the web site Project 2000. Project 2000 is a five
year research program on marketing in computer-mediated environments. It will
acquaint you with the terminology.

http://www2000.ogsm.vanderbilt.edu/

After visiting the site - please send me any comments that you have about
computer-mediated communication, especially in reference to computer-mediated
collaboration.

Thank you,

Marika Chalupa
Drexel University