Writing to Web Kids

Subject: Writing to Web Kids
From: Edward Savitz <sg94cshj -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:59:40 -0500

Writing for an audience of Web kids
_____________________________________

An audience that is growing rapidly is the K-12 age group, especially at
the lower end of that scale. Educators I've talked with say there seems to
be a tremendous need for technical writers who can effectively communicate
with a school-aged child on _any_ subject, but especially the Internet
technologies.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has written or been asked to
write instructional materials on the use of HTML and Web-related
applications for children Kindergarten to grade 12.

What specifically are the deliverables you are being asked to create?

Are there any constraints (other than budgetary and time) that have been
placed on your work?

Is this at your school or through a publisher?

I've accumulated some materials and would like to develop some writing
tips for the "Web Generation" to use. As they coalesce, I'd be happy to
share.

Thanks,

Ed Savitz
sg94cshj -at- dunx1 -dot- ocs -dot- drexel -dot- edu