Re: Help System See-Also loops

Subject: Re: Help System See-Also loops
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:42:52 -0600

Why not use A-Links? This is where their strength lies. They
automatically create a pop-up of a dynamically-built list of topics (the
current topic is automatically omitted from the list). All you need to
do is include a key word (no need to generate pop-up topics) and a
calling macro. If a topic is deleted, it is automatically eliminated
from the list.

(If you are using Winhelp 3.1 I think you can get creative with the
KLink macro and include K endnote terms in which to associate -- the
drawback is that the terms appear in the index).

Mike

_/
_/ Michael Wing
_/ Principal Technical Writer
_/ Infrastructure Technical Information Development
_/ Intergraph Corporation
_/ Huntsville, Alabama
_/ (205) 730-7250
_/ mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com