unrequested attachments may contain virus

Subject: unrequested attachments may contain virus
From: Jim Lindsey <lindsey -at- ATCON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 1956 12:17:34 -0400

Dear colleagues:

I think these unasked-for attachments that are being sent may contain a
virus. I realized this after reading on the list today that another
techwriter with a Mac had experienced crashes as a result of these
attachments. This happened to me too, and in fact it has caused damage
that I can't fix with Norton Utilities. When I try, Norton bombs. I did
get my Mac O/S up and running after the crash, but now the screen vibrates
in spasms every few minutes. It has quieted down somewhat since I trashed
the attachments. Also the occurrence of some of the sounds of the system
now are accompanied by loud electrical interference sounds like cheap
thunder.

Yours,

Jim

Jim Lindsey
President, Softspoken
- Advanced Technical Documentation and Translation -
email: lindsey -at- atcon -dot- com
Phone/Fax: 902-852-4907
Postal: 11 Cove Road
Prospect, Nova Scotia B3T 2B2

"How much is in the germ! There is such an interval between my ideal and the
actual in many instances that I may say that I am unborn."

Henry David Thoreau