Re: Passive Voice? in Scientific Writing: Explanation

Subject: Re: Passive Voice? in Scientific Writing: Explanation
From: Dianne Martin <MartinD -at- TRAVIS -dot- TYC -dot- STATE -dot- TX -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:33:00 PST

Here is my attempt. Disclaimer of not knowing exactly what the process is
and/or the context applies. Therefore, I will not attempt to rewrite the
entire sentence, just remove the passive.
----------
>"For data reduction, the desired quantity is the response of the band
>after the out-of-band has been removed."
______

"For data reduction, the desired quantity equals the response of the band
after removing the out-of band."

or

"For data reduction, the desired quantity equals the response of the band
after the process removes the out-of band."

BTW: are we talking about band widths and data transfers? Just the
curiousity of a tech writer!

Dianne Martin
MartinD -at- travis -dot- tyc -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us