Re: Please take homophobia, kinder and gentler, etc., off-line

Subject: Re: Please take homophobia, kinder and gentler, etc., off-line
From: LeAnne Martin <kismet -at- UMICH -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 14:22:01 -0500

Why aren't ageism and homophobia in the workplace relevant when other
issues about work environment are ok to talk about? I don't get it.
If these problems occur in the workplace, they are relevant to a
discussion of technical writing that is not entirely academic or
theoretical, which ours clearly aren't. Moreover, excluding these from
discussion HAS a political meaning and consequence.