cross-cultural employment

Subject: cross-cultural employment
From: Megan Elizabeth Mc Macken <S1057984 -at- CEDARNET -dot- CEDARVILLE -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 18:16:00 -500

Greetings! This whole discussion about British English vs. American
English brings up a question I have been mulling over for a while
now. I'm finishing my B.A. in Professional Writing and lately I have
been thinking more seriously about looking overseas for employment
after I graduate in June. I'm thinking specifically about Great
Britain or Australia.

Has anyone else done that--grown up an American citizen and then
spent a year or two working in another country as a tech writer?
What are some of the ramifications I might not immediately think of?

Thanks,
Megan McMacken

Megan E. McMacken, technical writer | http://soncrest.giant.net/megan

"The more the words, the less the mean, and how does that profit
anyone?"
--Ecclesiastes 6:11