Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?

Subject: Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:01:12 GMT

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 19:08:20 +0000, you wrote:

>Colleagues,

>I hope this post does not stretch the limits of this list too far. You all
>seem to be a wealth of information on a broad range of topics.

>Can anyone suggest web sites to visit where the pages are designed "by the
>screenful"? I am trying to illustrate to the people I work for/with the
>value (necessity) of creating our (soon-to-be[?] online) documentation in a
>more modular fashion. I would like to create a presentation, including
>screen captures (for moral as well as practical support), of "well
>designed" documents, i.e. those where scrolling is kept to a minimum and
>information is presented in concise chunks.

You could check out Bill Horton's web site -- he's one of the authors of The
Web Page Design Cookboo, The URL is http://www.csn.net/brochure/index.htm.
The site is nicely laid out and the information is chunked into pieces that
should be about one screenful on most computers.

Best
Keith

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- djttd -dot- com -- http://www.io.org/~ksoltys/
Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Telerate Canada Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein