Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?

Subject: Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?
From: Phil Atkinson <phila -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:02:10 -0000

Peter Ring wrote:

> I think it's time to stop this nonsense. Why?

> "Screen sized websites" is a phantom! Whether it is "screen sized"
> or not depends also a lot on which browser you use, the settings of
> the browser, and your screen resolution.

You obviously didn't read the original poster's message and have latched on to a rather unsuitable subject line. The original request was for methods of structuring a web site in manageable chunks that might also minimise scrolling. If we are follow your example, we may as well all give up now and go home. The - let's not design anything for the web, it can't be done! - attitude annoys me intensely and, if in the future, you can't form a more constructive reply, please don't bother.

Phil Atkinson, Documentation Manager (and general good guy)
Intuitive Systems Limited (http://www.intuitive.co.uk)
Doing one's best to manage a team of unruly scum.