Re: Attention Society for Technical Communication members

Subject: Re: Attention Society for Technical Communication members
From: Beth Mazur <mazur -at- MAYA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:16:29 -0500

At 3:43 PM 11/12/96 -0800, Bill Sullivan wrote:

>would you please define information design? Thanks.

The Info Design mailing list I belong to says this:

Good information design combines skills in
graphic design, writing, and human factors,
and hopefully makes the concerned information
easier to understand.

InfoDesign is a forum for discussing general
COGNITIVE aspects, GRAPHIC DESIGN aspects,
and THEORETICAL aspects of information design.

I like to say information design is where communication theory and general
design principles intersect.

Beth Mazur
MAYA Design Group
mazur -at- maya -dot- com