Give Clients Softcopy?

Subject: Give Clients Softcopy?
From: Pete Holman <pete -dot- holman -at- GLBSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:20:06 -0500

Hey gang,

The writers at our software company sometimes are asked to write custom
documentation for our clients. The vice-president in charge of custom
projects wants to provide clients with the softcopy source files.

Is this something that is a commom practice? We, as writers, do not want to
provide the source files. Can any of you help back us up with reasons not to
provide source, or experiences you've had with providing it?

We need responses ASAP as we are meeting later this week with the
vice-president.

Pete Holman
pete -dot- holman -at- glbsoft -dot- com