Re: Killer -Reply

Subject: Re: Killer -Reply
From: "Karl A. Hakkarainen" <karlh -at- AUGGIE -dot- AUGMENT-SYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:10:39 -0500

At the risk of starting a chain of "Me, too" replies:

We saw Abend with breath-taking regularity on our Novell server. An
AltaVista search of abend and Novell turns up quite a few references.

It's an old term, but no more outdated than UNIX's panic.

kh

At 02:55 PM 11/13/96 -0700, David Dvorkin wrote:
>Eric Haddock wrote:
>>
>> I can honestly say I've never heard "abend" in my whole life.
>>
>> Is it a term mostly used outside of America?

>"Abend" used to be a very common term in the industry, in the U.S.,
>but perhaps it's no longer used much outside operations.

>David Dvorkin

Karl A. Hakkarainen Technical Documentation Manager
Augment Systems, Inc. 508 392-8626 (voice)
Westford MA 01886 508 392-8636 (fax)
http://www.augment-systems.com/