Word 7 etymology

Subject: Word 7 etymology
From: Alisa Dean <Alisa -dot- Dean -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:24:00 -0700

>laura praderio writes:

> and someone told me once to not take the last paragraph marker, because
>word stored formatting info there (am i on doc drugs or is this true?).

Actually, Word stores formatting in every paragraph mark. All paragraph
formatting, including tabs, for each paragraph is saved in its paragraph
mark. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it is the paragraph mark
just before the paragraph, or just after....

This was one of the major differences between WordPerfect and Word,
and when I started to use Word back in the Dark Ages, one of the biggest
sources of confusion for me. WordPerfect saved the paragraph formatting
in format codes embedded throughout the document. Word saved the
formatting in the paragraph marks.

Sorry this doesn't help solve your original problem.

Alisa Dean
Sr. Technical Writer