My presentation

Subject: My presentation
From: scott <scott32 -at- AARDVARK -dot- UCS -dot- OU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 20:22:38 -0600

After reading Karen's post, and several before it, I decided to
break my long overdrawn silence and post.
First, my presentation will be on another article in Poster's book
(the chapter before the Derrida chapter that the rest of the class has read)
and your interest in databases, privacy and the accumulation of information
which makes us "real" in administrative, institutional and cultural terms is
very much at the center of the article/chapter.
Second, part of my presentation will include a very simplistic web
page I have created for more information on Poster and Foucault. I don't
have the address as of yet, but as soon as I know, you all will be the
second (wait, third since the person putting it up will be the first) to know.
Finally, I think that an essential part of this week's reading is
perhaps the main question which all of our authors have asked in one way or
another, at some point in their studies: What makes us who we are? Each
seems to deal with some manifestation of the fashioning of the human self,
subject, consciousness, reality, whatever terminology you employ to signify
that which we call "us", "I" or "me". In one way or another, the answer to
this question, on the part of our authors, will allow us (the "student" us,
not the "humanity" us) to individually characterize their takes on the
effects of changes in technology, literacy and humanity.

Bon apetit.