Re: Documenting a Programming Language. Was Syntax Diagram

Subject: Re: Documenting a Programming Language. Was Syntax Diagram
From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:06:57 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
Jed,
I am just starting to document a new product which is derived from
a product that had ONLY syntax diagrams for its syntax information.
The old product did have "how to program" information, but
everything concerning the syntax was in graphical form.

I can send you a file that shows you how our diagrams looked.

For the new product, I'm using a command dictionary form which
optionally allows me to include a syntax diagram, but will also
include more info about the command like syntax examples, return
values, usage conditions, and so on.

E-mail me if you wnat the file. I only have pcx or designer 4
files available.

regards,
karen