Health Insurance

Subject: Health Insurance
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:45:35 -0400

As a business owner and columnist, I am always looking for ideas for articles dealing with small business.Recently I saw a message on one of the mailing lists to which I subscribe from a business owner requesting information about how to obtain health insurance.

For an established, multi-employee firm, the issue is typically deciding which of the many available insurance products covers the employees and their needs while being competitive. It's a different story for the "one-person show" or small business, where the problem is finding any available insurance products.

I am soliciting your assistance for further information about small business health insurance. If you are self-employed with 0-10 employees, I would appreciate hearing your story:
Is health insurance available to small businesses in your geographical area?
How did you locate your health insurance policy?
Were there many plans available to your firm?
Did these plans offer premium flexibility?
What are your suggestions for other self-employed writers for securing health insurance?

Thanks for your time,
Jon Leer
Leer Technical Communications
Bedford, NH