Re: Killer -Reply

Subject: Re: Killer -Reply
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:22:13 -0800

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:22:23 -0800, Kris Olberg wrote:

>But I am still a professional. And I still believe that a professional writer should avoid words with a negative connotation. Why assume that the audience will not be offended when you can avoid it altogether by using other terminology?

As always, the danger is in assuming that everyone has the same idea of
what words have a "negative" connotation. There's always someone out
there who will find SOMEthing negative or offensive in just about
anything you can imagine to put in print.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
Living in the limelight, the universal dream, for those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination, the real relation
The underlying theme...
- Rush, "Limelight"
#include standard_disclaimer.h

"Eureka," he said.