Re: Advanced degrees

Subject: Re: Advanced degrees
From: "Elaine R. Firestone" <elaine -at- CALVAL -dot- GSFC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:02:22 -0500

>Finally, I doubt that the exact nature of your degree makes a difference
>to your overall chances. I know people who have found writing work without
>a Master's, and there's many people like me with degrees in literature
>who can find work.

I have a related question. I'm a technical editor (I'll edit anything, I'm
not picky) with most of my experience (almost 5 years with "technical
editor" in my title) in science. If I went back for a Master's in Technical
Communication, emphasizing writing more than editing, would it help me get
ahead, or would I be wasting my time since I'd probably be able to get into
the writing aspect OJT?

Thanks.

elaine

Elaine R. Firestone
elaine -at- calval -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
elaine -at- seawifs -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov