Re: Grad work

Subject: Re: Grad work
From: Ruth Haines CSC <rhaines -at- JCALS -dot- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:58:43 -0500

Interesting that Daniel Read should comment on post-grad education because at Cambridge (UK) it is almost unheard of to go on to another degree after you have read for your undergrad degree. Students there told me that only doctors etc. are thought of to 'need' further years in education. I really don't know about European countries -- but we almost take it (grad school) for granted here -- it may well be a very American attitude.