Re: Retaining small caps in HTML

Subject: Re: Retaining small caps in HTML
From: Williams Diane <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:41:48 -0500

>>When I convert a document that contains small caps to HTML, the small caps
appear as lowercase in the browser. Horrors!
Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or tricks regarding how to retain
small caps in HTML?
Thanks,
Jeremy M Lerman
jeremy -at- inspec -dot- com<<

I'm no HTML expert, but you can try using the <SMALL> . . .</SMALL>
codes around the text typed in all caps to reduce the size of that text
compared to the other text around it. I don't know what percentage the
text will be reduced. I think that's browser dependent.

Diane Williams
Walcoff & Associates, Inc.
Technical Editor/Writer
OSD, DOT&E