help with quick reference cards

Subject: help with quick reference cards
From: Brenda Burnett <brendab -at- ESYS -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 18:35:37 -0700

Hello out there:

I'm a lone tech writer in a company that builds great
email software (yes it really is great). I need a couple
of things but will post them separately so interested
parties can respond accordingly.

I am building a quick reference card from one that was
previously done during my maternity absence. I'm not
crazy about the layout and would appreciate any
assistance anyone can pass on to me regarding their
content, style and verbage.

Currently the card contains the heading of a widely used
feature of the product, a simple numbered list of the
steps to utilize this feature, and a picture of what the
feature might resemble. I'm okay with this. The problem
is all the other stuff that might confuse users (like
creating a mail folder then having them loose it because
they didn't know folders were hierarchical). In the past
it has just been the fine print at the bottom of that
section--it hasn't been put in bulleted form, point form
or any other form.

Anybody have any suggestions out there? Please reply to
me and, when the product is released and I have my life
back, I will post the results to the list if there is
interest.

Brenda Burnett
The ESYS Corporation
Makers of Simeon Mail - Best Email on the Planet!
brendab -at- simeon -dot- com
http://www.simeon.com