Re: point zero or just point?

Subject: Re: point zero or just point?
From: Daniel P Read <danielread -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:28:12 EST

>> So, does having 1., 1.1., and 1.1.1. constitute a grammatical faux
pas
>>or is it just a personal hang-up of mine that I want 1.0, 1.1, and
1.1.1?
>>Should I just let this go or pursue it further to insure grammatical
>>integrity?

If we're talking stictly about chapter headings in a document, "1." does
not constitute a problem in my mind. The "1.0" convention exists
primarily with version numbers for software releases. Unless your
chapter headings somehow correspond to version numbers of your software,
I would not worry about the "1." convention.

Daniel Read
danielread -at- juno -dot- com