Re: Advanced Degrees

Subject: Re: Advanced Degrees
From: "Wiley, Karen P." <WileyKP1 -at- SUBTECH1 -dot- SPACENET -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:34:00 -0500

As for myself, I have assumed that my employers checked my educational
credentials, just as some check pay "verities" by asking for your last pay
stub from you previous employer. Didn't match what you claimed that first
day of work, you were out. I have had to send for transcripts for some, but
my current employer passes out forms first day of work; I have 3 degrees from
3 schools--they gave me the three forms. They paid to get the information,
but they were taking no one's word for it. Of course, working for a
university such as Johns Hopkins, their putting great stock in formal
education is a given.

Karen Wiley
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
karen_wiley -at- jhuapl -dot- edu