PM6 PRINTING PROBLEM

Subject: PM6 PRINTING PROBLEM
From: Craig Pfeifer <cep -at- CS -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 03:39:54 -0500

Ok.. I used to think that I was a computer whiz, but this one has me
massively stumped. So, I'm asking for a bit of help, suggestions, prayers,
mantras, runes to cast...

So I've got Windows 95 ( I know, I know, don't start... ) and
PageMaker 6.0. My machine has 32MB of RAM, and a HP LaserJet 5L attached
(and correctly installed).

I have a PM6 publication that has a 219kb EPS watermark with some
Arial text lying on it. It doesn't print. I ask it to print and it just sits
there and churns. After a while, PM6 will stop responding to Win95 and I
have to kill it. I have tried converting EPS, PCT, GIF, and TIF formats
without any luck.

This publication started as a Mac PM5 file, but something went awry,
and I have since recreated all of the images & the text in PhotoShop and
PM6. This same publication printed just dandy on a Mac w/PM5.

Has anyone else had problems printing placed images in PM6?

Please respond privately (cep -at- cs -dot- purdue -dot- edu) and I'll summarize the
answers and post to the list...
"The essential act of war is destruction, not neccessarily of human lives,
but of the products of human labor. War is a way of shattering to pieces...
materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable,
and hence, too intelligent" - George Orwell, _1984_
pgp key fingerprint = A8 41 99 36 4F D5 32 82 EB 79 6C 03 23 25 51 2B
Craig Pfeifer < cpfeifer -at- purdue -dot- edu >