Re: Extended lists

Subject: Re: Extended lists
From: Williams Diane <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:08:03 -0500

>>Beth, I think you put your finger on it when you said

Our graphic designers seem to prefer the outdent for
"design" reasons.

I have noticed the outdent with dismay in a couple of places (possibly
even
in the STC's InterCom journal?). And I figured it must be the latest
fad
among page designers. (No insult to those fine people intended!)<<

Just a guess, but they're probably trying to save space. When using a
2-column format you can only go so deep with indented bulleted lists
before your writing area becomes too narrow.

Diane Williams
Walcoff & Associates, Inc.
Technical Editor/Writer
OSD, DOT&E