Re: Framemaker? (from techwr-l)

Subject: Re: Framemaker? (from techwr-l)
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 13:52:16 -0800

At 13:05 -0800 12/4/96, Wing, Michael J wrote:

>><snip>
>>Tony should climb down off his horse.

>Isn't he the same guy that recently said something to the effect of,
>"I'm glad my degree puts me a step ahead of the Tech Writing Pack" ?

Yes, Michael, I am the same guy who made a statement to that effect, with
no regrets.

As to my FrameMaker comments: I was not on a "high horse." (It was just a
short pony.) Nor was I defending FrameMaker. In fact, I am very critical of
FrameMaker, as my colleagues at work will well attest. I was merely making
the point that FrameMaker, like it, love it, or hate it, *is* one of the
most commonly used apps for producing print documentation by tech writers,
probably the single most common. It seems odd, wouldn't you agree, Michael,
that someone going to school to learn a skill would never even hear of one
of the most commonly used tools by practitioners of that skill?

- tgr

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices.
-- William James