Re: FrameMaker+SGML Time Estimate

Subject: Re: FrameMaker+SGML Time Estimate
From: Peter Gold <pgold -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 07:30:56 -0800

In the Frame+SGML class I took at Frame HQ last summer (the whole 5 days;
previous skill with "regular" SGML highly recommended - I had very
little), the most important thing I learned is: "6", as in MONTHS for any
serious project, from planning through testing, debugging, to
implementation as a finished (nearly) bulletproof project. The more
complex the requirements, the more likely 6 is the number; some possible
reductions for simplicity and expertise in SGML and especially for
knowledge of the ins-and-outs on both the source (in this example
SoftQuad) and the destination (FrameMaker+SGML).

Peter Gold
pgold -at- netcom -dot- com