Re: Microsoft Unix programming

Subject: Re: Microsoft Unix programming
From: Kent Dannehl <kdannehl -at- STARFISHSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:16:00 -0800

Microsoft made Word for Unix for years, stopped when they
began to develop NT.

Most UNIX systems now support either DOS emulators which run
windows or use products like WABI (Windows Application Binary
Interface) that translate DOS system calls into UNIX system
calls. Thus, if your UNIX system is less than 3 years old you
can (if you want) run Most Microsoft applications.

Lastly, Microsoft owns about 14% of SCO (The Santa Cruz Operation)
the largest supplier of UNIX for Intel based machines in the
world.

kent