Re: Lousy Word Procs

Subject: Re: Lousy Word Procs
From: David Elrick <David -dot- Elrick -at- PS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:36:00 PST

> Actually, I'd like to nominate something I consider worse than
> WordPerfect or Word. AmiPro.... Ack! (Yvonne hacks up a furball).
> Oh yeah, and Interleaf for DOS can be a real nightmare to use at
> times...

I'd like to nominate IBM's DCF (Documentation Composition Facility),
which was really just a programming language to allow you to lay out text
on a page. You just had files full of text and DCF codes (plus comments,
in the same way as program code has comments) with no idea, unless you
printed it, of how it looked on the page.

As bad as Ventura 2 was (especially without training), it was a great
relief after DCF.

Kind Regards

David Elrick
Technical Writer
Peterborough Software

david -dot- elrick -at- ps -dot- co -dot- uk