interest areas

Subject: interest areas
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:24:07 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Mitch Berg an All am 10.12.96

MB> are some

from experience I think this idea has lots of drawbacks:

- Which message should I post to which list?
Often this would lead to cross-postings.
- Many simply do not look out and would post in the wrong list.
- Many must use quite simple mail readers that cannot
put the different lists in different folders.

If you really MUST split this mailing list, choose very few (3-5), very
distinct topics. Perhaps something like:

announcements
carreer/management problems
glossaries/spelling/word usage/online

But not 10 or 20 separate lists.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander
(BBS sysop since 1988)

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)