Re: Marketing Intervention

Subject: Re: Marketing Intervention
From: Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:00:24 -0800

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, TIMMERMAN wrote:

> Tracy Darden wrote that her documentation department will soon be
moved to the Marketing Department.

>Timmerman wrote that his department has been part of field service,
marketing, and engineering department.

When I was a staff writer I was constantly being reorganized from
development to marketing to customer support to sales.

I was starting to get a complex and taking it personally because I was
usually a one-person department and it happened at more than one company.

Now, I'm wondering. It looks like documentation gets moved around a
lot. I wonder why. In all the cases I observed, no one wanted to be
responsible for providing feedback for review cycles or input for drafts,
and so documentation would get passed along to the next unsuspecting
department. The truth was that no matter who was responsible, it was the
developers who ended up providing the information, albeit reluctantly.

Are other doc departments reorganized as often and for similar reasons?