Re: Ebonics

Subject: Re: Ebonics
From: Della Stein <Della_Stein -at- INS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:16:49 -0800

We have enough division (racial and otherwise) in our society without
adding the likes of this.

The motivation behind ebonics is educational improvements in the African American community. Sometimes non-traditional methods are needed to motivate children to learn. Ebonics may work as a motivator. It is part of the African American culture. However, I think "ebonics" should be a history lesson. It's great to know where you (or your community) has come from. It's also good to know when to move ahead.

Is this the proper forum for this topic? probably not.

Della