Re: Screen capture - 30MB Word File?

Subject: Re: Screen capture - 30MB Word File?
From: Gurudutt Kamath/Technical Writing Centre <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 00:54:54 +0530

Hello Kevin,

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Kevin Hargis wrote (regarding screen capture):

> (you will need it if you have a 30MB .doc file).

Have you ever actually worked on a 30 MB file? How many pages and graphics
did it contain? What kind of configuration do you work with?

Word, as such, does not have any restriction on pages or size, according
to their documentation. But I have always subdivided my user manuals into
chapter-wise documents, so that each of them is not more than 1MB! Am I
being too scared!

TIP for screen capture

The Save Picture in Native Format under Options, will save only one
version of the screen capture (either Mac or PC). This might reduce the
screen capture size a bit. If not selected, Word saves both versions!

Greetings of the season!

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
Go http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
for column on Documentation, Internet, etc.
Technical Writing Centre, Mumbai