Re: Can anybody help me?

Subject: Re: Can anybody help me?
From: "John A. Lord" <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:35:29 -0800

At 02:47 PM 12/20/96 +0900, you wrote:
>Hello everybody. I'm working for some USA company liason office in Tokyo, Japa
>n.Recently, we have problem with .eps illustration files. The mfrs of the prod

<snip>--------------

I imported the EPS file into Version 5.1.1 of Frame for Win95, and it showed
the low-res preview image, and printed the EPS image on a PostScript printer
without problem. I do not have Frame 5 for UNIX so couldn't try that.
However, I tried to open the file in Illustrator 4.1 for Windows and got the
message "Can't open the illustration. The illustration contains an illegal
or misplaced operator."
Could this be the source of the problem? The illustation was created with a
non-Adobe application, and perhaps the file is not 100% compliant with
PostScript standards? Is the Frame PostScript interpreter on UNIX more
demanding about meeting these standards?

Hope this helps
John Lord - Technical Publications
Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
Pleasanton, California. jlord -at- livingston -dot- com
Phone (510) 426-0770 http://www.livingston.com/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx