Re: Do's and Don'ts

Subject: Re: Do's and Don'ts
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:50:16 +0000

> << >I need to use the phrase "Do's and Don'ts" except that I'm not
> >quite sure on how it should be written: "Dos" or "Do's".

> "Do's" is often used, but I think it's a sign of creeping illiteracy:
> many people, I notice, don't know the difference between a plural and
> a possessive apostrophe.

I don't like using "Do's" because the misplaced apostrophe is one of
my pet peeves (and I'm on a one-woman crusade to educate the world).
What about using DOs and DON'Ts?

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm