Re: Frame v Word (doc group needs advice)

Subject: Re: Frame v Word (doc group needs advice)
From: Lisa Price <Lisa -dot- Price -at- EMERALD -dot- KBSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:28:02 CST

While Wayne is technically correct, our goal was to avoid using
Word as the primary word processing tool, which we have done. Yes,
RoboHELP uses Word; however, we still use Frame as our primary
processing and publishing tool.

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:26:01 -0800
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- verity -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu

At 02:37 PM 1/3/97 CST, Lisa wrote:
>My group is currently using FrameMaker with RoboHELP. After we
>create/uupdate our documentation in Frame, we save the book files as
>RTF, and import them into RoboHELP. This does add an additional step
>or two to clean up any conversion "mistakes" (deleted spacing between
>paragraphs and loss of sideheads being our two main concerns), but
>allows us to use the power of Frame and RoboHELP, without using Word.

Since RoboHELP is a Word add-in (using Word templates), they *are* using
Word, albeit with a customized UI.

--Wayne Douglass