Documentation Group needs advice!

Subject: Documentation Group needs advice!
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 16:11:07 -0500

Brian Martin <bmartin -at- NMO -dot- GTEGSC -dot- COM> wrote:

>A drawback to Frame is the harsh learning curve. You will >need at least one
>person on staff who knows the program well. Hire one or >train one. There is no substitute.

I wonder if Frame's learning curve isn't more mythical than real
nowadays. Three or four years ago, Frame would have been very different
from the average word processor. However, in the last couple of years,
Frame-like features have crept into other word processors. As a result,
the transition to Frame is probably easier than it was.

Of course, how easy Frame is to learn depends very much on the user's
experience. A secretary or executive who has only used WordPerfect for
letters and memos, and never learned paragraph styles or templates would
have a rough time. On the other hand, tech-writers of even moderate
experience should have little trouble, because they'd more or less know
what to expect.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"You can go home again, so long as you understand that home
is a place you have never been." --Ursula K. Le Guin