Re: Graphics too large for a floppy

Subject: Re: Graphics too large for a floppy
From: David Jones <dvjones -at- KSBE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:20:30 -1000

On 7 Jan 97 at 12:44, Beth Mazur wrote:

> At 9:21 AM -0800 1/7/97, Matt Ion wrote:
> >On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:49:19 -0500, Beth Mazur wrote:
> >
> >>Our version of PKZip (2.04g) describes this command in the help,
> >>but we couldn't get it to work.
> >
> >A simple PKZIP -& A:PICTURE TOOBIG.BMP should do the trick,
> >assuming the floppies are formatted.
>
> Nope. In our version, the above command (with an existing file name
> in place of your example name) results in the help being displayed
> and the message "The name specified is not recognized as an internal
> or external command..." appended.

In the 2.04g that I have, it works fine. But I always include the "\"
between the "A:" and the filename ...

BTW, if your BMP is that big, I'd suggest using a file format that
supports compression, such as TIF, GIF, PCX, or JPEG ... It's easy to
convert BMP to other formats ...

David Jones, Technical Writer
dvjones -at- ksbe -dot- edu

Thought for the day:
Book (n): a utensil used to pass time while waiting
for the TV repairman.

DISCLAIMER:
The views described herein are the views of the author, and
do not represent the views or opinions of Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate, nor is there any approval or authorization of
this material, express or implied, by the Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate. If you suspect that any of the material in
this message or attachments thereto is in violation of a
copyright, please notify the Webmaster immediately by e-mail
at "Webmaster -at- ksbe -dot- edu".