Re: Mythical Frame learning curve

Subject: Re: Mythical Frame learning curve
From: Peter Gold <pgold -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:53:00 -0800

[snipped]

If you read through the many responses and reminiscenses on this topic,
you'll see that many of the difficulties noted refer as much or more to
new tasks/operations the writers are encountering when they move into a
writing environment or position that requires Frame or other
similarly powerful tool. I went brain-dead when I stepped into a
unix-vi-troff writing position because not only was the company's product a
steroid-level higher than I was used to, and the tools were all new
(non-GUI), but the complexity and maturity and standards (yes, there was
a mature style guide) were also steep steep steep.

Later, I learned that the harder the writing situation, the more it can
teach the writer. Once you pass the writing learning peak, it's MUCH
easier to grasp a new tool to perform what have become familiar tasks.

Regards,

Peter Gold
pgold -at- netcom -dot- com