One document/two pagelayouts

Subject: One document/two pagelayouts
From: Harvey Kaniel <hkan -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:11:59 +0200

A client has a set of documents he wants to deliver in
different size pages for different customers. For United
States-based customers, he wants to use standard size
81/2" x 11" paper. For European distribution, he wants to
use (what the Europeans call) A4 size paper (*not* to be
confused with the A4 U.S.-size). I believe (but am not sure)
the latter is smaller than 81/2" x 11". The documents are
created in Word 7.0.

Do I have to maintain two sets of documents with different
page layout settings (i.e., paper size settings) or is there a
way to automate changing between the page layout settings
in Word to accomodate the two different sizes?

If this not interesting to the list, off-line responses are welcome.

TIA

Harvey Kaniel
Technical Writer
hkan -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il