[no subject]

From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:21:30 GMT

Just a note about ye old File Manager of fond memory: it's still

there! Only in Win '95 they call it Winfile. Do a search from the Start
menu for Winfile, then put it on your desktop, rename it File Manager,
and give it the filing cabinet icon. You'll feel right at home again,
and able to see hierarchies and complete file info, move files around just
like you used to.
<<

Devotees of the old file manager may be interested to know that I've come
across a shareware add-on that fixes file manager so that it works with
proper long file names. The fact that in winfile 'A nice clear file name"
was displayed as "anice~1" made it unusable for me, but with this fix, it
is back to its former glory.

If people are interested, please email me direct on iain -at- hairydog -dot- clara -dot- net
and I'll send them details

Iain Harrison